These home-made buns were delicious
The toppings are the thing. Besides bun and cheese my burger had cucumbers, sweet potato chips, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, blue cheese and ketchup.
meal plans, recipes, a food love fest. maybe some exercise advice/motivation/accountability too. here's to a healthy 2009.
oh man! those look amazing! anyone have a good veggie burger recipe?
ReplyDeletei am a total doofus. i thought these were beef for some reason. have you already posted this recipe? i guess the biggest problem for us with veggie burgers is that we can't use egg or breadcrumbs with leah blue.
ReplyDeletethese look awesome! I love the toppings too. I was thinking those looked like crunchy potato chips! I've never had sweet potato chips. Can you guys post the recipes? I would love them.
ReplyDeleteJoanna will post the recipe for the veggie burgers and buns later.
ReplyDeleteHere's what you do for the sweet potato chips:
-slice a sweet potato into very thin slices
-fry in hot oil until they start show some golden/brown spots (not too long)
-salt to taste.
My favorite chips now. And they taste great on burgers.
Yum! These look amazing... I love the sweet potato chip idea. Do you guys have a mandolin to get the potatoes super thin?
ReplyDeleteI will try the sweet potatoes soon. I have some that have been kicking around here for a month or more but they still look good.
ReplyDelete